Monday, June 2, 2014

Freezer Meals

I have been trying out freezer meals and wanted to just log my favorites to share. 

Baked Ziti
This one is my favorite. It is super easy and delicious. Everyone liked it. 

Mexican Stuffed Shells
This made 2 full pans and I still had extra filling. Use the extra to wrap up in tortillas or as a dip.

Crock Pot Meals Crock Pot Meals 2
I made all of these at once on a Sunday. I had meals ready to go as needed when the baby was finally born. 
They were all relatively easy and delicious. My favorite was thai chicken with peanut sauce.


The key to freezer meals is to block out a pretty big amount of time - you will need it to prep everything. 
Make sure you make a shopping list - and keep it organized. Go to the store and buy everything you need, and be sure to check things off as you go, or you'll be sure to forget something. 

Once you get home, sort everything out, wash all the veggies, divide the meats, and get crackin.
I was able to bag about 12 freezer meals in approximately 5 hours one Sunday afternoon. I immediately froze all of them (labeled with cooking directions of course), and took them out as needed.

I find that taking the bags out about a day before you actually need them is best, but some of the crock pot ones you can throw right in frozen solid. 


Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment