Thursday, January 3, 2013

Really?!?!



I have had just about all I can take today. Today started with Brianna giving me attitude about getting up and getting dressed. Then some douchebag pulled out of dunkin donuts without looking and nearly took off my front end, then has the nerve to shake her finger at me for being too close....um hello?! Really?! Her license plate read JGRDN24 so she thinks she is a racecar driver anyway in her supercool Pontiac Grand Prix. You know I will remember that license plate.

So then I get to work...and it begins. I open my email to a coworker complaining about a case that I closed that was "hers" and why did I do that? I politely explained that I had to test the database that was created to complete these cases and since this was the oldest one out there that was the one that was processed. I received another nasty email back which I didn't respond to, but made note of considering I had a meeting with my manager in less than 20 minutes.

On top of that, I asked this same person about a query I had assigned to them on December 10. Now, let me bring you up to speed.....I assigned this on December 10 with the expectation that I needed it completed no later than December 28. On December 21 I asked for a status update and I was told that it hadn't even been started yet. So, I bit my tongue and asked someone else to start on it Christmas Eve and try to get as much as they can done that week. I even worked on it for 3 hours the following day in addition to my other work. Then last Friday I was told she would be working on it from home for at least two hours that night, but she was also going to work on it as much as she could during the day on Friday. So this morning, in preparation for my meeting with my manager, I asked for a status update and was told that all the information was in the spreadsheet. So I open the spreadsheet and see there are only about 99 complete, with 368 left to be researched. So, I am even more confused....I respond by saying, oh there are only 99 entries in there so it doesn't look complete....and I am told "well I have done all I can and I have other projects I have to work on before I come back to that."

So apparently I am missing something because on Monday, first thing AM, in response to people not helping me when I ask for help, we had a meeting to prioritize all of the items I am expecting people to do and this was one of the items. So, nothing else takes priority over these items, and yet I am being told that there are "other projects" that need to be done first.

This really did send me over the edge. I calmly walked to my meeting with my manager with every intention on explaining the situation in a professional manner, but that didn't exactly go as planned. Considering her first question was "after our meeting on Monday, are you finally getting the help you need?" I immediately lost it. Like LOST IT. Crying, bad words, and hysterics. Embarrassing. After sobbing for about ten minutes, I was able to explain what happened and why I am so frustrated. By the time the meeting was over, I was calm again, but my day just continued to suck all day.

Now, what you have to understand is I work in the tax department, so this is the busiest time of the year for me. I have managed to process everything on my own with minimal help for the past 3 years, but this year I asked for help because help was supposedly available....so I should be less stressed than I was last year....but apparently asking for help just makes things worse.

I really just want to become a meter maid....have you ever seen parking wars? Those meter maids are always so happy, they don't have to "take their work home with them", they are always smiling, they get to walk around town all day....seriously I would love that! How do I get that job? hahahaha

After work I picked up the kid again, hoping she would be in a better mood than she was this  morning, and guess what?! She wasn't. Awesome. So she gave me attitude about doing homework, and how she wants to put things in her backpack, and that she doesn't want to get into her pajamas....really?!

I give up.

Today can eat a fat one.

No comments:

Post a Comment