Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Funday

After completing two hours of work yesterday, I did nothing but watch mindless tv and play internet games :).

I did make dinner for the family: chicken and cheese quesadillas, and ground turkey tacos. I did try a little experiment with the tacos. Whenever we have tacos there is this mad rush to eat as many tacos as possible to see who can get the last bit of meat from the pan. It is just bedlam. So last night I decided to give each little girl (Brianna and Stefanie) 1/2 of a cup of taco meat, Isabelle got 1 cup,  I took 3/4 of a cup, and Matt got the rest (about 2 cups). Each person got their own bowl of taco meat in front of them, leaving nothing in the pan. I did not mention to anyone how many tacos they could have (there were both hard and soft taco shells), and I waited to see what would happen.

Brianna ate all of hers using 2 soft tacos and 1 hard taco. Stefanie ate all of hers using 2 soft tacos. Isabelle ate only half of hers using 2 soft tacos. I ate all of mine using 2 soft tacos and 1 hard taco. Matt ate only half of his using 2 hard tacos. So now there is actually LEFTOVER taco meat in the fridge.

Experiment was a success!

I have to mention as well that I made only 3 full quesadillas and gave a quarter to each little one, 3/4 to Isabelle, 3/4  to myself, and a whole one to Matt.  Stefanie ended up taking another quarter from Matt.

Last night consisted of football all night long, although Matt said he wanted to watch a movie instead. He said he was going to "get bored with football really quick" hahaha...something strange about this picture when I am the one who wants to watch football and the man is bored with it...

Before heading to bed last night I got everything in the crockpot for breakfast this morning....
I made this. The girls have been asking me for weeks to make this again....the recipe is here....

http://www.allkindsofyumm.com/2011/10/crock-pot-breakfast-casserole.html

Today I worked 2 hours, and now it is time for football! I am hoping that Indianapolis makes this Ray Lewis' last game!!


No comments:

Post a Comment