Friday, January 4, 2013

This week hasn't gotten any easier!

I am trying my hardest to stay positive, but this is reee-dick-youuu-luss.
My munchkin actually woke up without a fight this morning, we got ready, and were out the door on time. Everything was going just great until she decided she wanted to take her purse to school. I said no, but I gave her two other options. She could bring the purse into daycare and leave it there for when she gets back afterschool, or she could bring it and just leave it in the truck. She was not happy with either of these options, so drop off turned into a nightmare.

I left her there pouting and extremely mad at me, but what can I do.

So then....

I get to work and everything is going pretty well.
I go up to my Weight Watchers @ work program to get weighed in for the first time since December 14 and find that throughout the holidays and all that fun stuff, I only gained 0.2 lb. YAY! I was expecting it to be much worse.

I go back to my desk and find that the school has called me...Brianna was leaving the gymnasium and she ran into the metal door frame that separates the double doors. She has an extremely large goose egg on her forehead, a very bad headache, and the nurse thinks I need to take her to the doctor.

More stress that I just cannot take this week!! So I leave in a hurry, very upset, to go pick her up. When I arrive the nurse explains to me that she has been checking Brianna's symptoms and she doesn't seem to be concussed, which is good. I take my child's hand and we leave. When we arrive home I call the doctor. After discussing Brianna's situation and symptoms with the doctor, we decide that I don't need to bring her in, but to continue monitoring her symptoms and make sure she stays good.

Great. So I put the child in bed with an ice pack, some tylenol, and some water and she takes a rest.
I head downstairs to log on and do some work before I have to drive the 40 minutes back up to Concord to go to a long scheduled doctor's appointment with my urologist.

I was told by my doctor's office that I had an xray appointment at 3:30 and when done I should come right over (15 min early) to my 4pm doctor appointment. So that is exactly what I did. I registered from 3:35-3:45, then waited in the waiting room until they brought me in for a "sample" and to the exam room. Once in the exam room, the nurse takes my weight and blood pressure, then proceeds to tell me that the doctor is running behind but only by about 15 minutes......45 minutes later the doctor comes in.....for five minutes to tell me that my xrays are good, my sample was good and I have no reason to have to schedule any future appointments unless my kidney stones return.

It should be perfectly acceptable for me to tell my insurance they don't have to pay since the dr wasted an hour of my time...right?? So frustrating.

After that I head back to my office to shut down my computer, answer a couple of questions, send a few emails, and listen to some voicemails.

Then I drive forty minutes back home. My munchkin is still in bed, Matt is sitting on the couch, and the girls are on their way over....

I have the pleasure of logging back on to work for two more hours.

This is how severely messed up my day has been.

I am NOW finally done working, and I am exhausted. The girls are in bed, so Matt and I are going to watch a movie called Rampart....no clue what this is about, but hopefully it is good.







I am thinking positive thoughts that tomorrow HAS to be a better day..... right??!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment