Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This is my space, this is your space....

Today started out great. The munchkin cooperated getting dressed, brushing her hair and teeth, and we even left the house 5 minutes early, but the day went downhill quickly. I won't bore you with the details, but it was just a busy and stressful day at work. What got me through the day was my plan to go to 5:30 Zumba toning class! I left work ready to go dance out my frustrations, but unfortunately that didn't go as planned. I don't usually go to this class because I usually  have my daughter Tuesday nights, so I didn't know how popular this class was. I didn't know which classroom we were in, so I wandered around the maze looking for a familiar face. When I finally found the classroom, there were already 6 women there. It doubled in minutes. I had chosen my spot on the left rear side. I wanted to stay out of the way and have my own space. A woman came over, and stood far too close to me. So I moved over. So she moved over. So I moved up to the front row. Then the woman's friend came in and moved in close to me in the front. Really? Haven't these people ever heard of this is your dance space, this is my dance space? So annoying. So...the class begins and I cannot see the instructor from my angle. I attempted what I could and finished the first song. Then the second song involved kicking, but since I had people far too close to me, that wasn't happening. I tried sticking it out a bit more, but my mood just deteriorated. My frustration release was just making me more frustrated. So when the song ended I told the instructor I was sorry, but I was out of there. I sent her a message after I left explaining why so that she didn't take it personally, but I was just not in the mood for that. Ugh...so I came home and made chicken salad instead. Ha!!

Here are some good blog posts on proper etiquette, kinda along the same lines of how I am feeling! ;0

http://verandaview.blogspot.com/2012/08/exercise-etiquette.ht

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410716-zumba-rant.

 http://food-sweat-and-beers.com/2011/10/04/group-fitness-etiquette/

These people are practicing for the Rockettes apparently...If I can touch you, then you are far too close to me!!
See how much room these people have...this is proper space.....


4 comments:

  1. I HATE that!!!! You should say "I just farted and it smells, you may want to back up a bit". HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I stopped doing Zumba at work. Not only is there not enough room but some people need to EMBRACE the use of deodorant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gross!! I haven't noticed the smelliness of some people, thank goodness!!

      Delete